CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: In relation to the ongoing changes related to the covid-19 pandemic, we will be extending our refund policy to give residents full refunds for residency fees and campus housing (less bank charges) up to 2 weeks prior to the start of the residency in the case that travel restrictions related to the coronavirus prevent them from coming to Ireland. We will also be able to offer alternate dates in the future for rescheduling as an additional option.
Please note that for the safety of our campus we are requiring all residents to be able to show proof of vaccination prior to arrival.Should you have any questions, please contact Lisa Newman at email@example.com or +353 65 7077200.
Our residency program welcomes applications from artists working at all levels and stages of their careers. While our primary BCA Artist Residency program provides dedicated studio space and the use of our campus facilities for residents without any additional expectations, we are also able to offer residency programmes designed to support those seeking a greater degree of professional feedback and involvement in the College community.
The Residency + and Burren Immersion:12-week Residency programmes are available during the academic year between September and April. The Residency + offers studio time combined with weekly meetings with our faculty, while the Burren Immersion:12-week Residency combines independent studio time with advisory sessions along with the ability to audit one or more of our undergraduate courses (without academic credit) during the semester. All of our residents are welcome to attend public discussions, visiting artist lectures, seminars, exhibitions and events throughout the year.
BCA Artist ResidencyThe purpose of the BCA Artist Residency programme is to welcome artists at all stages of their lives and careers to the Burren College of Art for an uninterrupted period of creative work. It has proven to be particularly suited to emerging and established artists and faculty wishing to investigate new areas of inquiry, explore new techniques, or develop a body of work for exhibition without distraction. While our regular classes are in session during the Spring and Winter academic year (September – April), during the Summer months (May-August), we host a variety of student groups and workshops, and the level of activity on campus will vary from high to low as visiting faculty-led groups, workshops and our Summer School take place. Artist Residents at the Burren College of art may work in solitude or choose to engage with College events and activities.
- 24/7 access to a dedicated studio space
- Use of campus facilities: 3D lab for woodworking and metals (MIG and ARC welding tools available); a digital print lab; black and white photography darkroom; lighting studio; library; cafe and wi-fi throughout the campus.
- Optional attendance at exhibition openings, public lectures and film screenings, and additional campus events.
BCA Artist Residencies are available during the following dates in 2022/20232022
- Monday September 6 – Friday September 30 – WAITING LIST
- Monday October 3 – Friday October 28
- Monday October 17 – Friday November 11 – WAITING LIST
- Monday November 14 – Friday December 9 – WAITING LIST
- Monday November 28 – Friday December 26 (3 week residency)
- Monday January 9 – Friday February 3 – WAITING LIST
- Monday February 6 – Friday March 3
- Monday March 6 – Friday March 31 – WAITING LIST
- Monday September 4 – Friday September 29
- Monday October 2 – Friday October 27
- Monday October 30 – Friday November 24
- Monday November 27 – Friday December 15 (2-3 week residency)
Please contact Lisa Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you’ve submitted your application, you should immediately see an acknowledgement page confirming the submission. If you do not see this, please contact Lisa Newman at email@example.com to make sure your application has been received by the College.